- Programme of Courses shall be provided leading to the award of Bachelor’s Degree denoted as: Sc. Pure Chemistry and B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
- Each of the degree shall be awarded with Honours or Pass depending on a student’s academic performance.
- The Programme shall normally extend over a minimum period of 4 (four) academic years. But student admitted through Direct Entry by G.C.E. A/L or approved equivalent will spend a minimum period of 3 academic years.
- Instructions in the department shall be by courses that are quantified into Credit Units.
- (i) One Unit shall be a series of 15 one-hour lectures or tutorials or two hours of seminar or three hours of laboratory work.
- A session consists of 2 semesters, each of 15 week of lectures.
- A long vacation course for Industrial Students – a 12-week period
Undergraduate Courses at all level shall be numbered as follows
100 Level Courses shall start with 1
200 Level Courses shall start with 2
300 Level Courses shall start with 3
400 Level Courses shall start with 4
- Students admitted through U.M.E. or Pre-degree Programme shall normally start with 100 level courses while those admitted with G.C.E. ‘A’ level or approved equivalent shall start with 200 level courses.
- Courses in the department are assigned 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 Credit Units.
- A student shall take courses prescribed for his degree programme as approved by Senate of the University.