A. PERSONAL DATA
Department: Earth Sciences
Marital Status: Married
Total years of Teaching and Research. 11
Beginning Ending Years
Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) Sept. 2000 June, 2006 6
Polytechnic/College of Education: Nil.
University: May, 2006 Till Date 11
B. EDUCATION BACKGROUND
Academic Qualifications / Institution attended (with dates)
University of Ibadan. Ibadan, Nigeria
(i) Ph.D Geology November 2002 to September 2012
(ii) M.Sc Geology November 1996 to July 1999
(iii) B.Sc Geology November 1988 to September 1992
C. WORKING EXPERIENCE.
i. Previous Work Experience outside the University system.
Post: Graduate teacher:
I. Anglican Grammar School, Molete Ibadan, Oyo State. (September 2000 to October 2005).
II. Ibadan Grammar School, Molete Ibadan, Oyo State. (October 2005 to June 2006).
Literary and Debating Teacher
Post: Administrative Officer;
Abayomi Nursery and Primary School, Odo – Oba, Ibadan, Oyo State (January 1997 to December 1998).
Intermediary between the Management and Parents;
Schools representative in all official functions;
Management of all schools documents;
Intermediary between management and staffs
Post: Consultant Geologist;
Lawbell consultancy Company, Osun state (August 1996 to December 1998).
Chief Field Consultant
Post: National Youth Service Corps and as a Petroleum Geologist;
The Shell Petroleum Company (West), Warri, in Delta State (November 3, 1992 to November 4, 1993).
Post: A Contract Staff as a Petroleum Geologist;
The Shell Petroleum Company (West), Warri, in Delta State (November 4, 1993 to April 20, 1994).
ii. Administrative functions and Contribution to the University.
a. Departmental Examination Officer. 2006 – 2008.
b. Departmental Welfare Coordinator. 2008 Till Date.
c. Member Budget Committee. 2009 Till Date.
d. Degree Foundation Program. 2009 To 2012
e. 100 Level Coordinator 2013 Till Date
f. Time-Table Officer / Seminar coordinator 2013 to 2014
g. Member, Departmental NUC accreditation committee 2015 Till Date
h. Chairman, Faculty for Committee Special Duties 2016 Till Date
i. Departmental Coordinator,SIWES 2016 Till Date
j. Member, Faculty LOC for SAN 2016 Till Date
k. Subdean, Faculty of Science 2017 Till Date
D. MEMBERSHIP AND REGISTRATION WITH PROFESSIONAL BODIES
(a) Member, Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (c-06-3019)
(b) Member, Nigerian Association of Hydrogeologist (CH-2008-00598)
(c) Member, Science Association of Nigeria
(d) Member, Nigeria Network for Awareness and Action for Environmental Health
(e) Member, Society of Economic Geologists, INC (SEG) ID: 905577
(f) Member, The Geological Society of America ID:9169642
(g) Member, Geochemical Society ID: 189858
E. JOURNAL ARTICLES
1. Abimbola,A. F., Laniyan,T. A., Okunlola,O.W., Odewande, A. A., Ajibade, O. M. and Kolawole, T. (2005): Water quality test of areas surrounding selected refuse dumpsites in Ibadan, South-western Nigeria. Journal of the Nigerian Association of Hydrogeologists. 16; 39-69.
2. Oloruntola, O. M., Laniyan,T. A., Ajibade,O. M., Bayewu,O. O. and Bolaji,T. O. (2008): Geochemical variation in termitaria and the excavated soils used for their constructions. In Olabisi Onabanjo University Journal of African Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences Nigeria. 1; 57-61.
3. Abimbola, A. F., Ajibade,O. M., Odewande,A. A., Okunlola,O. W., Laniyan, T. A. and Kolawole, T. (2008): Hydrochemical characterization of water resources around the Semi-urban Area of Ijebu-Igbo South-western, Nigeria. Journal of the Nigerian Association of Hydrogeologists.18; 10-16.
4. Odukoya, A. M., Laniyan, T. A. and Fawibe. (2009): Potential groundwater contamination with toxic metals in and around a dumpsite and limestone quarry in Sagamu South-western, Nigeria. Journal of the Nigerian Association of Hydrogeologists. 19; 32-40.
5. Odukoya, A. M., Laniyan,T. A. and Ariyo, S. O. (2012): Abundance of nitrates and coliform with regards to water quality in some western parts of Ibadan, Southwest, Nigeria. In Olabisi Onabanjo University Journal of African Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences (AJPS) 2(1); 82-90.
6. Laniyan, T. A., Odukoya, A. M. and Igbinyemi, A. F. (2012): Geochemical assessment of some hand dug-wells in Oru and its Environ, South-western Nigeria. In Olabisi Onabanjo University Journal of African Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences (AJPS) Nigeria 2(1); 40-47.
7. Laniyan, T. A., Kehinde Phillips, O. O. and Elesha, L. (2011): Hazards of heavy metal contamination on the groundwater around a municipal dumpsite in Lagos, Southwestern Nigeria. International Journals of Engineering and Science.11(5); 61 – 69.
8. Akintola, A.I., Ikhane, P.R., Amusa, N.A. and Laniyan, T.A. (2011): Heavy metals composition of soils that has been contaminated with Bitumen in Agbabu, Ilubirin and Mile 2, areas of Dahomey Basin South Western Nigeria. International Journal of Advanced Scientific and Technical Research.2(1); 48 -59.
9.Ikhane, P. R., Akintola, A. I., Laniyan, T. A., Fatoba, J.O. and Sogbetun, A. (2012): Environmental impact assessment of the heavy metals on Dopanu Lagoon, South-Western Nigeria. International Journal of Advanced Scientific Research & Technology.1(2); 111 – 120.
10. Omosanya,K. O., Mosuro,G. O., Laniyan, T. A. and Ogunleye, D. (2012): Prediction of gravity anomaly from calculated densities of rocks. Advances in Applied Science Research.3(4); 2059-2068.
11.Akintola, A. I., Ikhane, P. R., Laniyan, T. A., Akintola, G. O., Kehinde -Phillips, O. O. and Ojajuni, P. O. (2012): Compositional trends and rare – metal (Ta-Nb) mineralization potential of Precambrian pegmatites in Komu area, South Western Nigeria. International Journal of Current Research 4(2); 31- 39.
12. Laniyan, T. A., Abimbola, A. F. and Omosanya, K. O. (2012): Arsenic and heavy metals in waters of Oluyole NE, Ibadan SW, Nigeria. International Journal of Advances in Science and Technology 4(2); 116 – 128.
13. Omosanya, K. O., Adebowale, S. R., Laniyan, T. A.,Mosuro, G., Omosanya, K.O. and Falana, L. (2012): Petrography and petrogenesis of Pre-Mesozoic rocks, Ago – Iwoye NE, SW Nigeria. Journal of the Virtual Explorer, Electronic Edition, ISSN 1441 – 8142, 40(1); 2-18
14. Laniyan, T. A. (2013): Arsenic concentration and possible remediation method in water sources of a densely populated city of Nigeria. Scholarly Journals of Biotechnology 2(4); 50-54.
15. Laniyan, T. A., Bayewu O. O. and Ariyo, S. O. (2013): Heavy metal characteristics of groundwater in Ibadan South Western, Nigeria. African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology.7(7); 641-647.
16. Laniyan, T. A., Abimbola, A. F. and Shridar, M. K. C. (2013). Remediation of arsenic-concentrated waters in a highly urbanized Nigerian city. In the book titled ‘Water Resources Management VII’. WIT Transactions on Ecology and The Environment, WIT Press. www.witpress.com, ISSN 1743-3541 doi: 10.2495/WRM130181. 171; 199 – 208.
17. Bayewu, O. O., Laniyan, T. A., Bakare, K. O., Adewoye, A. O. and Olufemi, S. T. (2013). Hydrochemical Evaluation of groundwater resources of Awa-Ilaporu, near Ago-Iwoye, South western Nigeria. In: Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences (JETEAS). @ Scholarlink Research Institute Journals, 2013 (ISSN: 2141-7016). Reference Number: Ref/JETEAS/0813/019; 4(4); 648-653
18. Laniyan, T. A., Olatunji, A. S. and Fagade, O. G. (2014). Environmental risk assessment of cement dust on soils and vegetables in an urban city of South Western Nigeria.‘Risk Analysis IX 133’.Wessex Institute of Technology (WIT) Transactions on Information and Communication Technologies, WIT Press www.witpress.com, ISSN 1743-3517 doi:10.2495/RISK140121. 47; 133 – 139.
19. Odukoya, A.M. and Laniyan, T.A. (2014). Geochemical distribution of groundwater within and around Ago – Iwoye, southwest Nigeria.Journal of Applied Geochemistry. 16(2); 167-178.
20. Laniyan, T. A., Abimbola,A. F. and Sridhar, M. K. C. (2015): Comparison of phytoremediation and filtration in remediation of contaminated waters. In Ife Journal of Science. 17(1); 183 – 188.
21. Omosanya, K.O., Ariyo, S.O., Kaigama, U., Mosuro, G.O. and Laniyan, T.A. (2015): An outcrop evidence for polycyclic orogenies in the basement complex of Southwestern Nigeria. In Journal of Geography and Geology. ISSN 1916-9779 E-ISSN 1916-9787. Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education.7(3); 24 – 34.
22. Laniyan, T. A., Abimbola, A. F. and Sridhar, M. K. C (2015): Experimental comparison of phytoremediation and filtration methods in the remediation of water contaminated with arsenic. In International Journal of Phytomedicine. http://www.arjournals.org/index.php/ijpm/index. 7; 8 – 17.
23. Laniyan, T. A., Ajibade,O. M., Bayewu, O.O. and Oshomoji, A.O. (2015): Impact of urban activities on ground water qualities in Abeokuta, Southwestern, Nigeria. In Ife Journal of Science.17(2); 239 – 246.
24.Laniyan,T. A.,A S Olatunji, O OBayewu, G O Mosuro, M O Odukoya, S Kenjinu, S T Odunuga (2015): Physico-chemical assessment and bacteriological studies of hand-dug wells of major markets in south western, Nigeria. In Arabian Journal of Geosciencesdoi 10.1007/s12517-015-2105-zISSN1866-7511. Vol 9:261. Published 28 March 2016
25. Mosuro, G. O., Omosanya, K. O., Bayewu, O.O., Oloruntola, M. O., Laniyan, T. A., Atobi, O., Okubena, M., Popoola, E. and Adekoya, F. (2016): Assessment of groundwater vulnerability to leachate infiltration using electrical resistivity method. In Journal of Applied Water Science.Published 20 February, 2016, with open access at Sprigerlink.com.doi 10.1007/s13201-016-0393-4.
26. Bayewu, O.O., Oloruntola, M. O., Mosuro, G. O., Laniyan, T. A., Fatoba, J. O., Folorunso, I. O., Kolawole, A. U. and Bada, B. T. (2016): Application of cross-square array and resistivity anisotropy for fracture detection in crystalline bedrock. In Arabian Journal of Geosciences.doi 10.1007/s12517-016-2305-1. Vol 9: 291.ISSN 1866-7511. Published 31 March, 2016
27. Laniyan, T. A., Ariyo, S. O. and Bayewu,O.O. (2017): Geochemical Assessment of Groundwater in a typical urban settlement. Journal of Applied Geochemistry, Vol. 19, No. 2 (2017). pp. 131-137
28. Bayewu, O.O., Oloruntola, M. O., Mosuro, G. O., Laniyan, T. A., Ariyo, S. O., and Fatoba, J. O. (2017): Geophysical evaluation of groundwater potential in part of southwestern Basement Complex terrain of Nigeria. Received: 22 April 2017 / Accepted: 12 September 2017, Appl Water Sci DOI 10.1007/s13201-017-0623-4
Chapter in Book already published
29. Odukoya, A, M., Laniyan T. A., Ajibade,O. M. Waste and waste management concepts. Chapter five pp 73-84. In the book titled History and Philosophy of Science. @ Olabisi Onabanjo University, General Studies Directorate (GNS). First Edition. ISBN: 9789785291735. Published by; Olabisi Onabanjo University Press
30. Sridhar, M. K. C., Laniyan, T. A. and Abimbola, A. F. (2015).Arsenic removal by phytoremediation technique using Water hyacinth (Eichhorniacrassipes Mart. Solms), Patent Approval Number 000549, Federal Republic of Nigeria (Nigeria).
vii. Published Conference Proceedings
31. OlatunjiA. S. and Laniyan, T. A. (2014). Geochemical evaluation of the effects of dusts from limestone and aggregate mining and processing in Nigeria. Proceedings of the Closing Workshop of the IGCP/SIDA Projects 594 and 606, Prague, Czech Republic, May 26—28, 2014. Addressing Environmental and Health Impacts of active and abandoned mines in Sub-Saharan African.Closing workshop, Prague, Czech Republic, 2014, © Czech Geological Survey.IGCP/SIDA Projects 594 and 606.pp 159 – 161.
F. CONTRIBUTION TO NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LIFE
Within the University:
i. Making a difference by action and example while showing a good example to students by being upright in morals and character.
ii. Exhibiting a strong responsibility through my everyday research work, and also initiating and implementing institutional change where gaps are visible and acknowledged.
iii. Help students to reach their full potential through mentoring in the field of study, thereby helping them develop intelligent and inquiring minds, becoming critical thinkers, being a strong reflective and principled people.
Outside the University:
i. A woman leader that controlswomen from different ethnic groups for close to ten years now at theChrist life Church, (Sword of the spirit ministries) .
ii. Co-ordinator of pre-teens, teens, and youth in closed and large groups, through mentoring.
iii. A marriage adviser and counsellor in both church and secular levels.