Courses And Course Status
What are compulsory, required and elective courses?
- A course tagged compulsory must be taken and passed at not less than 40% level.
- A course tagged required must be taken and passed at not less than 30% level.
- A course tagged elective may be taken but need not to be passed.
- Prerequisite course: A prerequisite course is one that must be taken before a higher level course i.e., it is a course which knowledge is essential prior to taking another specified course. Whereas a prerequisite course is expected to be completed and passed to fulfill prerequisite requirement, a student who fails a prerequisite is deemed to have satisfied the prerequisite purposes but will not be credited with any unit in it.
- Note that when a compulsory course is passed at 30% but less than 40%, the candidate is qualified to take on higher courses for which the course is a prerequisite. However the compulsory course must be repeated until it is passed at not less than 40%.
Courses and their Prerequisites
- Generally, all first year courses are regarded as prerequisites for the second year while most second year courses are prerequisites for the third year. This is clearly specified in section 5.
Download our Brochure
Please Feel Free To Contact Us. We will get back to you within 48 hours.