Dr. Adekunle Oladunni
Lecturer II (234) 8059371013 firstname.lastname@example.org
Adekunle, Oladunni Nimota (Ph.D) is a budding Public Health Parasitologist who is passionate about Health and Education especially where Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) and Emerging Infectious Diseases (EIDs) are concerned. She obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Zoology from Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-iwoye and then moved on to bag her M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Zoology with area of specialization in Parasitology from the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. Over the past eight years, she has strived to build herself in collaboration with other collaborators with interests across parasitic diseases with over 16 publications in reputable peer review journals highlighting priority Neglected Tropical diseases (NTD’s) amongst others and still counting. She has also been engaged as a team member in various Trainings and Epidemiological research studies on parasitic diseases sponsored by the World Health Organization, Federal Ministry of Health Abuja and The Ogun State Ministry of Health, Abeokuta Ogun State. She belongs to prestigious professional bodies like Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria (PPSN), Science Association of Nigeria (SAN), Zoological Society of Nigeria (ZSN), International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID) and British Society of Parasitology (BSP). Her goal is to become a world class researcher and consultant in the public health scene worldwide.
Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
- ZOO 201 (Protozoology)
- ZOO 202 (Coelomate Invertebrates)
- ZOO 205 (The Biology of Tropical Parasites)
- ZOO 208 (Form and Function in animals)
- ZOO 303 (Principles of Development in Animals / Embryology)
- ZOO 305 (Animal Histology)
- ZOO 315 (Animal Ecology)
- ZOO 401 (Applied Parasitology)
- ZOO 417 (Zoological Techniques)
- ZOO 493 (Elements of Zoological Business)
- ZOO 491 (Literature Review in Zoology)
- ZOO 499 (Research Project in Zoology)
- Sam-Wobo, S.O., Adekunle, N.O., Adeleke, M.A., Dedeke, G.A., Oke, O.A., Abimbola, W.A. and Surakat, O.A. (2014): Epidemiological factors in prevalence of malaria parasites in Primary Health Facilities Attendees, Ogun State, Nigeria. Malaria Chemotherapy Control and Elimination (3)111. doi.org/10.4172/ 2090-2778.1000111.
- Adekunle, N.O., Sam-Wobo, S.O., Dedeke, G.A., Ojo, D.A., Abimbola, W.A., Adeleke, M.A. and Surakat, O.A. (2014). Evaluation of Rapid Methods in Malaria Diagnosis from Persons attending Primary Health Facilities, Ogun State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Parasitology, 35 (1 & 2) 19 – 25.
- Surakat, O.A., Sam-Wobo, S.O, Ademolu, K.A., Shittu, O., Adeleke, M.A., Abimbola, W.A., Adekunle, N.O. and C.F. Mafiana (2016). Cytospecies composition of Simulium damnosum complex (Diptera: Simuliidae) breeding in Oyan River, southwestern Nigeria. African Entomology, 24(1): 24 – 29.
- Adekunle, N.O., Sam-Wobo, S.O., Adeleke, M.A., Ekpo, U.F., Davies, E., Ladokun, A.O., Egbeobauwaye, E. and Surakat, O.A. (2016). Prevalence and distribution of Wuchereria bancrofti in Ose Local Government Area, Ondo State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Parasitology, 37(1): 96-100.
- Sam-Wobo, S.O., Garba, A.D., Ekpo, U.F., Adekunle, N.O., Egbeobauwaye, E., Surakat, O.A., Oloyede-Ajayi, F., Ajuokwu, C., Ajayi, R. and Kafil-Emiola, M. (2017). Assessment of Efficacy and Safety of Praziquantel in the Treatment of Schistosomiasis in School Aged Children, Ogun State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Parasitology, 38(2): 159-164.
- Surakat, O.A., Sam-Wobo, S.O., De Los Santos, T., Faulx, D., Golden, A., Ademolu, K.O., Yokobe, L., Adeleke, M.A., Bankole, S.O., Adekunle, O.N., Abimbola, W.A. and Mafiana, C.F. (2018). Seroprevalence of onchocerciasis in Ogun State, Nigeria after ten years of mass drug administration with ivermectin. Southern African Journal of Infectious Diseases, 33(3): 65–71.
- Mogaji, H.O., Adekunle, O.N., Surakat, O.A., Bankole, S.O., Oluwole, A.S., Fagbenro, M.T., Babalola, F., Agboola, A.A., Odoemene, S., Yussuff, Q.A., Idowu, O.A., Sam-Wobo, S.O. and Ekpo, U.F. (2018). Studies on asymptomatic malaria, prevention and treatment seeking behaviours in Abeokuta, South-western Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Parasitology, 39(1): 9-14.
- Adekunle, N.O. and Asimiea, A. O. (2018). Prevalence of lymphatic filariasis and Associated clinical morbidities among adolescents in three rural communities in Ondo State, Southwest Nigeria. Journal of Tropical Medicine and Health 3(2): 1 – 6.
- Surakat, O.A., Sam-Wobo, S.O., Ademolu, K.O., Adekunle, M.F., Adekunle, O.N., Adeleke, A.M., Awoyale, A.K., Oyinloye, N., Omitola, O.O., Bankole, S.O.,Ososanya. A. and Adekola, F. (2018). Assessment of community, knowledge and participation in onchocerciasis programme, challenges in ivermectin drug delivery, distribution and non-compliance in Ogun State, Southwest Nigeria. Infection, Disease & Health, 23(3): 137 – 145
- Agbolade, O. M., Adekunle, O.N., Abimbola-Okuneye, W. A., Adeleye, J. A. and Dawodu, J. (2019). Gastrointestinal and malaria parasites of local and Exotic domestic fowls in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, Nigeria. Journal of Animal Research, 9(1): 19 – 25.