Courses And Course Status
What are compulsory, required and elective courses?
A course shall be classified either as “Compulsory” (C) or “Required” (R) or “Elective” (E) in a given degree programme.
- Compulsory Courses – They are courses which must be offered and passed at 45% grade.
- Required Courses – They are courses which must be registered for under the advice of the Department and must be passed at not less than 40% level.
- Elective Courses – They are courses which may be taken by a student to make up the minimum number of units for graduation that must be passed.
- Pre-requisite – A course whose knowledge is essential prior to taking a higher course. It must be taken and passed. However, a mark of 40% will be accepted as meeting the required condition for registering the higher course.
- Concurrent: Specified courses at the same level, which must be taken within the same semester or academic year.
Courses and their Prerequisites
Download our Brochure
Please Feel Free To Contact Us. We will get back to you within 48 hours.