- Candidates intending to major in Plant Science must have passed the under listed ordinary level subjects at Credit level in SSCE, NECO or GCE O/L at one or two sittings: English language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- The minimum U.T.M.E. score for admission into the Department shall be determined by the Admissions Committee.
- Based upon the recommendation by the Pre-Degree Science Board, a pre-degree student who scores not less than 50 percent in each of the three subjects taken and is recommended for admission by Pre-Degree Science Board may be considered for admission into 100 level Plant Science provided such candidates fulfilled the stipulated requirements in (i) above.
Direct Entry Admission
- The following categories of candidates shall be considered for admission into 200 level class of the degree programme, provided they also meet the requirements stipulated in (i) above.
- Holders of Ordinary National Diploma; National Diploma or Higher National Diploma (HND Pass/lower Credit) in any of the following areas of studies: Science Laboratory Technology, Nutrition, Food technology/Science, Agricultural Science or other allied courses.
- Holders of intermediates Diploma of Olabisi Onabanjo University with at least lower credit in Science Laboratory in related fields.
- Holders of National Certificate of Education (NCE) with Merit/Credits in Biology and in any one of the following subjects; Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Geography.
- Foreign Nationals or Nigerian who hold the General Certificate of Education GCE A/L London, the Baccalaureate from a Francophone countries with principal grade in two subjects one of which must be Biology, while the other one could be from Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Geography. JUPEB may be given consideration
Intra University Transfer
- Students of the Faculties of Science, Basic Medical Science, Education (Biology Education) Pharmacy and Medicine, with a cumulative grade point aggregate (CGPA) of not less than 1.50 and above and TNUP of not less than 10 at the end of 100 level shall have to offer any outstanding 100 level courses required course for Degree in Plant Science
Inter University Transfer
- Students from science-based faculties and colleges of other Senate-organised Universities with CGPA of not less than 2.0 may be considered for transfer to 200 levels. In addition, such candidates must satisfy the matriculation requirements of the university.
Mode of Study
- The mode of study shall be full-time. The duration of study shall be eight or six semesters for candidates admitted into 100 and 200 levels respectively.
Download our Brochure
Please Feel Free To Contact Us. We will get back to you within 48 hours.