Courses And Course Status
What are compulsory, required and elective courses?
- A course tagged compulsory must be taken and passed at not less than 40% level.
- A course tagged required must be taken and passed at not less than 30% level.
- A course tagged elective may be taken but need not to be passed.
- Prerequisite course: A prerequisite course is one that must be taken before a higher level course i.e., it is a course which knowledge is essential prior to taking another specified course. Whereas a prerequisite course is expected to be completed and passed to fulfill prerequisite requirement, a student who fails a prerequisite is deemed to have satisfied the prerequisite purposes but will not be credited with any unit in it.
- Note that when a compulsory course is passed at 30% but less than 40%, the candidate is qualified to take on higher courses for which the course is a prerequisite. However the compulsory course must be repeated until it is passed at not less than 40%.
Courses and their Prerequisites
Download our Brochure
Please Feel Free To Contact Us. We will get back to you within 48 hours.