- Candidates intending to major in Zoology must have passed the under listed ordinary level subjects at Credit level in SSCE, NECO or GCE O/L at one or two sittings: English Language, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry to form the core subjects with credit in one other relevant science subject (preferably Physics)
- The minimum U.T.M.E. score for admission into the Department shall be determined by the University Admissions Committee.
- Based upon the recommendation by the Pre-Degree Science Board, a pre-degree student who scores not less than 50 percent in each of the three subjects taken and is recommended for admission by Pre-Degree Science Board may be considered for admission into 100 level Zoology provided such student meets up the requirements stipulated in (i) above.
Direct Entry Admission
- Holders of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) with at least Upper credit in any of the following: Science Laboratory Technology, Nutrition, Food Technology/Science, Agricultural Science or other allied courses or or Higher National Diploma (HND) with minimum of Lower Credit.
- Holders of Advanced Certificate of OlabisiOnabanjo University with at least lower credit in Science and Laboratory Technology.
- Holders of National Certificate of Education (NCE) with Merit/Credit in Biology and in any one of the following subjects Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- GCE Advanced level passes in two of the following subjects Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography or the Advanced Level in JUPEB, HSC or its equivalent from recognized body and acceptable to the University Senate.
- Foreign Nationals or Nigerians who hold the General Certificate of Education GCE A/L London, the Baccalaureate from a Francophone country with principal grade in two subjects one of which must be Biology, while the other one would be from Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics.
Intra University Transfer
- Only students of the Faculties of Science, Education, College of Medicine and Pharmacy, with a cumulative grade point aggregate (CGPA) of not less than 1.50 at the end of 100 level shall be considered for transfer to 200 level Zoology programme. Such candidates shall have to offer any outstanding 100 level courses (if any).
Inter University Transfer
- Students from Science-based Faculties and Colleges of other Senate recognized Universities with CGPA of not less than 2.00 may be considered for transfer to 200 level Zoology. In addition, such candidates must satisfy the matriculation requirements of the University.
Mode of Study
- The mode of study is full-time. The duration of study shall normally be eight and six semesters for candidates admitted into 100 and 200 levels respectively.
Download Handbook 1.30 MB
Download our Brochure 1.22 MB
Please Feel Free To Contact Us. We will get back to you within 48 hours.