Mission and Vision
The objectives for setting up the Department
- To provide a comprehensive training in theoretical and practical Zoology and Environmental Biology to students who after acquiring the qualification can practice the profession in any part of the world and also be eligible for postgraduate studies leading to M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees.
- To train students to respond to global challenges and the needs of the Nigerian society in particular, through broad training / education in the different areas of Zoology and Environmental Biology.
- To equip students with adequate practical skills that will enable them function productively in society.
- To contribute to food production, public health, conservation of natural resources, environmental amelioration and overall development of science and technology in Nigeria. This shall be done via emphasis on aspects of the programme such as Parasitology, Public health, Entomology, Forensic, Ecology, Environmental Biology, Invertebrate and Vertebrate Zoology, Biology of Animal Development, Histology, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Hydrobiology, Wildlife and Conservation of Natural Resources, Systematic and Evolutionary Zoology, Animal Behaviour, Ethno-Zoology, Ecotoxicology, Animal physiology, Genetics, Bioinformatics and Animal Biotechnology
- To give adequate, effective and resourceful training needed for the national and international production of high quality, competent and competitive Zoologist that possess the attitude, character and attributes essential for building the Nigeria nation to excellent level of societal development.
Download our Brochure
Please Feel Free To Contact Us. We will get back to you within 48 hours.